Students graduating from high school on or after May 1, 2017, must receive at least four credits in courses from the following categories, prior to graduating from high school.
1) Advanced math, such as advanced algebra and trigonometry, math III, or an equivalent or higher course;
2) Advanced science, such as chemistry, physics, biology II, or an equivalent or higher course;
3) Advanced Placement courses in core subjects (English, math, science, social studies, and foreign language);
4) International Baccalaureate courses in core subjects (English, math, science, social studies and foreign language);
5) Dual credit courses in Core subjects taken during Dual Credit Enrollment at an Eligible Postsecondary Institution;
6) Courses taken at a unit of the University System of Georgia in core subjects (English, math, science, social studies and foreign language) where such courses are not remedial and developmental courses; or
7) Advanced foreign language courses.
Courses at MHS/CCA that Satisfy
HOPE Rigor Requirements:
AP Language (11th Grade)
AP Literature (12th Grade)
Advanced Mathematical Decision Making
AP Calculus AB
AP Computer Science (CCA)
Forensic Science (CCA)
AP Environmental Science
AP Human Geography (9th Grade)
AP US History (11th Grade)
AP European History
Honors Spanish 3
** In addition, transcript credits earned by a high school student in any Dual Enrollment Science, Mathematics, English, Foreign Language or Social Studies Course, substantially similar to one in the list above and taken at an eligible postsecondary institution in Georgia, will be counted towards the Rigor requirement.